The application period for the Entertainment Bridge Fund Supporting Business Program has officially reopened to allow for more businesses to apply and receive financial relief. Additionally, DMPED has adjusted eligibility requirements so that sole proprietors who have received or been approved for PUA are now eligible to apply.
The Supporting Businesses Program is the second program of the Entertainment Bridge Fund. It will provide grants ranging between $5,000 – $50,000 to businesses that provide services that heavily rely on large gatherings related to entertainment, events, trade shows, and/or tourism and have been indirectly impacted by restrictions mandated due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Supporting Businesses Program
What types of businesses are eligible?
- Audio & Visual
- Event Equipment Rental
- Event Planners
- Trade Show or Event Staffing Services
- Event Production Companies
- Talent Booking Agency
- Tour Companies (Bus, Boat, Walking Tours)
- Performance Art Companies (dance companies, theater groups)
- Performing Artists
- Event Promoters
- Recreational Sports Leagues
- Rent and mortgage payments, Payroll, District taxes and fees, Operational expenses, Insurance, Utilities, COVID-19 related supplies and preparation (e.g. PPE, ventilation system upgrades, etc.), Equipment Leasing / Purchasing
How much are the grant wards?
- Grant awards vary from $5,000 – $50,000 for Supporting Business Program.
When do applications open?
- February 2 at 12:00 PM EST.
When do applications close?
- February 12 at 12:00 PM EST.
How do I apply?
- Applications for the Bridge Fund must be submitted online via the application portal located on https://coronavirus.dc.gov/