Small Businesses to Get Big Boost with POWERUPDC 2020
DC Health Link in partnership with the Washington Business Journal, the Washington Informer, DC Chamber of Commerce, Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington, and the POWERUP DC Small Business Brain Trust partners are sponsoring POWERUPDC 2020, a virtual small business forum. The forum will be held Tuesday, June 30, 2020 from 10:00am-11:30am.
This year’s theme “A New Era – Resilience and Opportunity” will focus on how small businesses can adapt and succeed amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Breakout sessions will address
- Insights and resources to navigate in turbulent times;
- COVID-19 and Women Owned Businesses: Impact and Solutions
- Young entrepreneurs: Starting Businesses During COVID-19;
- Small Businesses: Retooling, recalibrating, and reopening.
The speaker lineup includes distinguished business leaders:
- John Falcicchio, Interim Deputy Mayor, Planning and Economic Development (DMPED),
- Rosie Allen-Herring – CEO & President, United Way National Capital Area
- Antonio Doss – Director, U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington Metropolitan Area District Office,
- Kristi Whitfield, Director, DC Department of Small and Local Business Development
- Andrea H. Evans – Intellectual Property Attorney, Andrea Hence Evans, LLC
- Liz Sara – Chairwoman, National Women’s Business Council
- Margo Dorfman – CEO, US Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Karima Woods – Director, DC Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking
- Necola Y. Shaw, M.C.A., AASBC, Business Consultant, District of Columbia Small Business Development Center
To register for POWERUPDC 2020, go to: bit.ly/PowerUpDC2020
Follow the conversation online at #POWERUPDC @DCHealthLink on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.