The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development and The Nourish DC Collaborative are excited to announce the opening of the Catalytic Grant application to support local small food businesses increasing access to healthy food and creating quality jobs in DC.
About Nourish DC
The Nourish DC Collaborative was created in partnership with the DC government to support the development of a robust ecosystem of locally owned food businesses. Nourish DC provides loans, technical assistance, and grants to emerging and existing food businesses in the District of Columbia, with a focus on businesses located in or owned by residents of under-served neighborhoods.
Nourish DC supports the entire food value chain including grocery stores, food incubators, corner stores, cooperative businesses, farmers’ markets, food delivery businesses, urban farms, food processors, food hubs, restaurants, and caterers. Nourish DC is committed to building a strong local food ecosystem that supports healthier neighborhoods, economic prosperity, and high-quality job creation in the District.
- Funding Range: $10,000 – $50,000
- Grant Use: New product development, marketing, technology, equipment, real estate acquisition, construction, tenant improvements
- Eligible Business Location: Food business must be physically located in DC, preference for Wards 5, 7, or 8
- Eligible Business Revenue: Food businesses generating revenue equal to two times the amount of grant funding requested
- Applications opened Tuesday, October 26th and will close on Tuesday, November 16th.
For More Information and to Apply Now
Join upcoming webinars and office hours to learn more about the catalytic grants and other Nourish DC products.
- Nov. 2 @ 6 p.m. ET
- Oct. 27 @ 2-4 p.m. ET
- Nov. 3 @ 2-4 p.m. ET
- Nov. 10 @ 2-4 p.m. ET