Should I have a web site?
There are four general reasons to have a website:
- sell products and services
- give information
- increase visibility
- provide additional customer service
First decide if any of these reasons make sense for you. To sell products and services on the Internet, success involves:
- having a great product
- attracting a targeted market
- selling and satisfying your customers
E-Commerce is a six step process and all online businesses will go through the first three steps:
- Create the online content.
- Host the content on the Internet.
- Market the website and content.
Businesses conducting online sales will need to continue through the final three steps:
- Collect and record customer orders.
- Process payments.
- Fulfill customer orders.