Learn all about the ExportDC, its International Support Program and our upcoming Virtual Trade Mission to the Dominican Republic!
ExportDC is a program to connect DC businesses to global opportunities and prepare them to win sales overseas. ExportDC, the District’s first major export development program, supports local businesses interested in expanding globally. More than 95 percent of the world’s population and nearly two-thirds of global purchasing power are located outside the United States.
Because exporting contributes to economic growth and job creation in the District of Columbia, the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) has made it a priority to encourage more of our companies to engage in international business.
If your DC-based business is committed to expanding its international presence, ExportDC is ready to help. They work closely with businesses that are new to exporting, as well as seasoned exporters seeking assistance with access to new markets.
Why Dominican Republic?
- The Dominican Republic was chosen because of its strong desire to strengthen economic relations with the District of Columbia and potential for export from the District. It has the ninth largest economy in Latin America and contributed $151 million in FDI in 2019.
- Professional Services, Hospitality & Tourism, IT, and Agribusiness
- ExportDC has opened its third round of support in conjunction with the upcoming virtual trade mission to the Dominican Republic. This round of applications are open to small and medium-sized businesses in the District who need support and aim to utilize the upcoming virtual mission to expand their operations internationally to the Dominican Republic.
- Small and medium-sized businesses operating within the following sectors may be deemed eligible for ExportDC support: Professional Services, Hospitality/Tourism, IT, and Agribusiness.
- Applications close on Monday, September 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM/ET. To apply visit: https://www.gwhcc.org/exportdc.html
- For more information on ExportDC and program eligibility visit dmped.dc.gov or contact ExportDC@dc.gov.
For more information on ExportDC, please visit: gwhcc.org/exportdc.